Thursday, November 22, 2012

Taveuni Pictures

This picture is for  Tommy Dooley, Dan Garber, and Stephen Morris.
The airport on Taveuni, the third largest island in Fiji.

Jewel is going down the water slide, Isoa is lying behind her and Sophie and Addie are waiting for their turn.



The Market in the largest village (it's not very large)


Qiolele, my mom, Sophie and I. Qio was our scuba dive master. (the q in Fijian is pronounced as a g in English, so his name actually sounds like Gio)

Jewel, Sophie, and Addie at the international date line.

They spelled Addie's name wrong on her birthday cake!

She still enjoyed it though


This is the chiefs son from a small village on Gamea island. He was super nice.


This is the village on Gamea. We ate a big Lovo, a traditional Fijian feast baked in a special oven.


Malakai (top)and Isaac!(bottom)

About to go to Taveuni falls! with Debbie and Salomi, Isoa's daughter and niece.
Me talking to Isoa
Jumping!

Sophie jumping!

Addie jumping! This is the coolest picture!
Coming back from Gamea. The guy driving is named Tommy.

Qio!

Isoa, Jewel and I below the water slide
Bula! that's what they say in Fiji instead of "cheese" when taking a picture. This is a picture of the chief's house in Gamea where we had the Lovo. I had to make this picture really big to be able to see everyone clearly.





1 comment:

  1. Bula! I notice all of the bottled water. Where does this water come from? I am curious about all of those foods. (It is Thanksgiving here today. : )

    ReplyDelete